At Horndale Infants and Nursery School we value the opinions of our pupils and the School Council gives pupils a forum to share these opinions with the Deputy Headteacher.
A new school council is elected each year from all the Year 2 children. They meet weekly with the Deputy Headteacher to discuss topics of interest.
The School Council has previously;
- Helped to organise Children in Need fundraising events, delivering amusing and entertaining assemblies to the school.
- Designing Red Nose Day information newsletters to be sent home.
- Raised money for the school at school fayres by planning, organising and delivering cake and biscuit sales, chocolate bar tombola’s and penalty shootout prizes.
- Worked closely with the English co-ordinator to raise money to buy new books for the school and helping to organise the Book Fair.
- Creating contacts with other School Councils.
The Year 2 children made rosettes to wear for the election campaign and designed a poster of themselves to display in the hall.
Those who wished to enter the election wrote their manifesto and in groups, went to the other classrooms to make a speech as to why the children should vote for them!
Then the school voted in a secret ballot!
Here are our very proud School Council for the 2018/19 Academic Year. Well done everyone!
School Council Members 2018 – 2019
Maizie-Leigh, Archie, Serina, Thomas, Shanar, Emilie, Robin and Jade-Marie.
Deputy Headteacher: Mr D Walker