Our intent is that our teaching of History will help pupils gain a clear knowledge of understanding Britain’s past and the wider world. We aim for our History lessons to inspire pupils’ curiosity about the past and to know more about the past. We want to inspire children to ask questions, think critically, understand and use evidence and develop their own view on topics taught.
- Pupils are taught history in a chronological order through time (where appropriate), enabling progression of learning and skills.
- The curriculum is designed with the intention that every pupil is able to reach their potential in History.
- Visits, visitors and involvement in the community activities are planned in to provide first-hand experiences for the pupils to support and develop their learning as historians and their historical experiences.
- History will also be promoted through the celebration of anniversaries, festivals and events throughout the year, which are linked with other areas of the curriculum
- Pupils will learn lessons from history to influence the decisions they make in their lives in the future, supporting school’s overall focus on enabling them to become responsible citizens
Please click on our Long Term Plan below to find out more.
History Long Term Plan Overview