Early Learning Goal 14 – The world.
Children know about similarities and differences in relation to places, objects, materials and living things. They talk about the features of their own immediate environment and how environments might vary from one another. They make observations of animals and plants and explain why some things occur, and talk about changes.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
In the EYFS children use a range of ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’ in their independent learning. These can be seen as complementing ‘Working Scientifically’.
- Playing and exploring – engagement
- Finding out and exploring; playing with what they know; being willing to ‘have a go’
- Active learning – motivation
- Being involved and concentrating; keeping trying; enjoying achieving what they set out to do
- Creating and thinking critically – thinking
- Having their own ideas; making links; choosing ways to do things